CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Barnes is growing up!

Anna Kate is growing up!

Sunday, April 28, 2013

The surprise (err, I mean worst surprise) of a lifetime!!

Brad and I were fortunate to take the kids on a 10 day trip to Disney earlier this month. We surprised them early one morning by pulling them out of bed and telling them they were going to DISNEY WORLD. I've seen YouTube videos of kids being surprised and I expected our reveal to be quite similar.

1. Lots of screaming!!!!!
2. Jumping up and down!!!!!!
3. Pure elation!!!!

Well let me say, that Brad and I were so thrilled at the idea of taking them. We would lay in bed at night for several hours planning our character meals and talking about how we might surprise them or what we should do while we were there. It was fun to dream and look forward to going!! Even for two thirty-something parents.

So fast forward to the morning of the trip. We wake the kids at 5:15am. I have their Disney shirts laid out in the bed downstairs with cute little personalized bags the travel agent had made for them. We bring them both downstairs. And I ask, "Barnes, look at that shirt over there, where would you wear it? (It's a Mickey ears t-shirt and a pair of jeans). He says, "church." I say, "you don't wear jeans and t-shirt to church. Where would you wear that Mickey shirt??" He says, "church." Hmmmm, this is not quite going how I thought it would. But it's WAY early and the kids are WAY foggy and not thinking clearly.

BBP asks, "do I have my t-ball practice this morning??" I say, "well, mommy and daddy have a big surprise for y'all!!! How would you like to go to Disney World instead of Tball practice???!!!!" This is the response:

1. Lots of crying
2. More crying
3. Anna Kate crying
4. BBP saying, I just wanna go back to bed!!!
5. I can't miss t-ball practice!!
6. More crying!!!!

Welp, definitely NOT the response we had planned on. My words of advice for surprising your kids about Disney world or anything else for that matter....

1. Don't do it at 5:30 am when it's dark out and they didn't get enough sleep. They're confused and foggy and even mad for waking them up so early. Just do it at a normal time when they're thinking clearly and can appreciate the $5k+ surprise you just dropped in their lap!!!

I will be telling the story of how my two monkeys cried and screamed bloody murder that they didn't want to go to Disney, for the next 4 decades!!! So funny!! Wish I could upload the video! It's priceless.

Here are pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment