I started keeping this blog just over a year ago. Barnes was about to turn two. We had been in our current house about six months and were finally getting settled. As I write this entry, he has just turned three and we are packing up for another move into another new house! Hopefully this is our last move for a very long time.
So, things are the same as last year but also very different.
Our lives now include a precious daughter, Anna Kate. Barnes has become a little boy from last year to this one. My mom told me last year when he turned two that so much would change in the year to come and she was so right.
- He barely said sentences last year and this year he speaks in paragraphs!
- His focus was on moo moo's, horseys, piggies, and hop hops last birthday. He was in love with farm animals.
- This year, we are shouting about monster trucks and riding around on a jeep that when I see him in it, I swear I see a sixteen year old pulling in the driveway. He looks so big in that thing.
- He needed MY help so much last year, this year HE is such a big helper!
At two he was a baby. At three he is a boy.
My heart is broken wondering where that baby went and excited for all the fun and excitement ahead. I am so blessed by that child. More than I could ever put into words.
Here are a few pictures from his Thomas The Train party. For the record, he decided he wanted a MONSTER TRUCK party a week before the party. I refused. Terrible mommy, I know.
 |
| Was the train "over the top" Daddy? |
 |
| Barnes and some of his favorite friends, Ben and Baker |
 |
| Sweet three year old! |
 |
| He loved the attention |
 |
| Little conductor |
 |
| Make a wish! |
 |
| Sweet family |
 |
| Happy little sister |
No comments:
Post a Comment