CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Barnes is growing up!

Anna Kate is growing up!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

And now you are three...

 June 2, 2008

4 weeks old
playing your little drum 

 Turning 1
Turning 2
With sissy


Barnes Perry, you are the joy of my life.  These last three years have been better than all the others combined.  You taught me what pure love was when you came into the world.  I thank God every night for this life he has given me and you are at the top of the list with your Daddy and sissy.  Until I became your mommy, I could never have understood what precious simple things would occupy my days and would bring me such joy at the same time. 

Like when you said MaMaMaMaMa over and over and over and over (and over!) at 5 months or...
Had so much fun beating your drum at Kindermusik or...
When you ate a bug in the living room floor and I came in to find little wings and legs in your mouth (ack!) or...
When you snuggle up with me before a nap during the day or...
The way you have loved your sister so unconditionally from the moment she came into our lives....
How your laughter fills the room and...
How you want to please us and are so helpful.

This past year has been one of changes and milestones-

You became a big brother-
We started on our new house (which you have loved!)-
You had surgery to get ear tubes-
You had an explosion of language after your ear tubes because you could hear (poor little thing)-
We ditched the poppy-
You have almost potty trained-
You have turned into a little sports nut-
You have turned into a boy instead of a baby-

My sweet son, my first born little boy, you teach me each day how to be a better person.  I am so blessed by your love and to be your mommy.  It is hard for me to understand how our third year together can be as wonderful as this one has been but I have no doubt it will be just as magical and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment