CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Barnes is growing up!

Anna Kate is growing up!

Friday, August 27, 2010

What a week...

What a week the Perry's have had! We continued the August birthday celebra-thon with Mommy's birthday on Monday. Gammie came to Jackson and took Barnes and me to lunch and then she was sweet enough to stay that night so Brad and I could have a dinner out for my birthday. We went to the new Mexican restaurant, Coyote Blues (Yummo!). It was delish. Brad and Barnes spoiled me with wonderful gifts... a new pair of sunglasses and a new iMac computer. Very exciting. Barnes also made something special for me... A BIG MESS! See photo #1 below.

He got into my cabinet under the bathroom sink and found baby powder and had a fun time. He also pumped out lots of lotion in the cabinet and rubbed it all in the powder to make a paste. Little monkey! Funny thing is that I did this same thing when I was about his age. I was at my grandmother's house taking a nap and my mom and grandmother came in to check on me (I had been "sleeping" a long time). I had been able to reach the baby powder off the dresser next to the crib and I had it all over me and the bed and half the room. I'm glad the bottle Barnes found was a travel size, he had the entire thing emptied in under 4 minutes.

Our next eventful happening of the week was the air going out Monday afternoon! No AC and being 8 months pregnant isn't fun! They came to fix it Tuesday and what happened?? It went out again that night, sleeping in 79 degree heat was miserable! Wednesday morning, we saw a familiar face, the air guy again! He fixed the unit shortly after lunch and we were back in business.

The icing on the cake was that Wednesday morning, Barnes woke up with a 101 fever. At this point I'm beginning to think that 32 maybe isn't my year! Hes been under the weather all week and now I have his cold! Lets keep our fingers crossed that Daddy doesn't get it.

By Friday our week was looking up! We went to breakfast while the housekeeper was here so we could get out of our way. We also went to Spoil Me Rotten to see their new fall items. While we were there, Barnes kept gathering little items and taking them to the counter saying, "Buy! Buy!" Mostly he kept taking these little coin purses to the counter. When we were ready to leave we put them all back (or so I thought). Later that afternoon, I found a little coin purse tucked into the side pocket of my baby bag. My sweet boy is a thief! We called and fessed up to the crime and returned it.

One other side note, progress has begun on Barnes' big boy room! The painter came and painted one wall and the ceiling. I cant wait for it to all come together. He's excited about it.

Hope each of you have had a better week than we have. But all in all, I must say we are blessed and as my mom always says, "this too shall pass!"

Barnes' big mess he made for my birthday
about to blow out the candles- notice the cake says MMY - wonder who ate the MO?

my poor little sick boy

The "HOT" item BBP stole!

BBP room before paint

after paint

No comments:

Post a Comment