CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Barnes is growing up!

Anna Kate is growing up!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Family of Three

The Perry family took our last vacation as a family of three... it was a magical week! We didn't want to leave. I actually cried our last night there (thanks prego hormones)! I had looked forward to the vacation so much and it was so fun, I was just disappointed it had to be over. It was our last vacation as the family we are now. I know we will have LOTS of vacations when our new arrival gets here in the years to come but this one just felt different. Sweet in a way. I cant explain it really.

I cannot say enough great things about the Waterscape resort on Okaloosa Island, which is just between Fort Walton Beach and Destin. It is the BEST place for kids ever. They have multiple kid pools including a baby pool that's probably not even a foot deep. As you will see in the pictures, Barnes had an amazing time. He was an angel while we were there (except for a few two year old moments)! Brad and I had the best time relaxing and watching him enjoy and discover so many new things. Our pool at home is now boring compared to what he's experienced on Vacation. Maybe Daddy will think about putting in a slide for us next summer!

We played on the beach, built sandcastles, buried trucks and dinosaurs and trains and then dug them up to discover them all over again! Barnes realized how much he loves the sand and I realized how much I hate it! But I will get over it because he thinks its divine. We had front row chairs on the beach everyday, though in all honesty we spent most of our time at the pool. The water had some green algae in it several of the days we were there. Barnes did love getting in the ocean and looking for fish. He would say, "hi, fish!"

Thanks to daddy for finding us a great place to stay and for taking us on vacation. What wonderful memories were made for our family.


walking the beach

feeding alligators at Fudpuckers (BBP loved this!)

Relaxing while watching Curious George (we found him like this in the bed!)

Mommy and Barnes enjoying a snack at the pool

BBP driving his trucks in the octopus' arms

Playing on the beach

Playing in the baby pool area
Splash!

eating lunch while daddy checks some email

our little dare devil

Daddy was the self appointed life guard

daddy got up and surprised us with donuts
my sweet boys little two year old foot

Our three feet together - next time we go to the beach it will be four

snoozing on the way home
Barnes was SOOO sad all the way home. He cried a lot of the way home and kept saying,
"beach, beach" and "way, way." When he says, "way," he means we are going the wrong way. He knew we were leaving the beach and wanted to go back.
After a very long nine hour drive, he realized we were almost
home when we turned off of HWY 412
and he started clapping and saying, "home, home, home!"
Vacation was amazing but its always nice to come home.
Thanks to all who read.

No comments:

Post a Comment