We're on vacation and having a blast! We drove the 9 hours to Okaloosa Island (just outside Destin, FL) yesterday and Barnes is now a professional traveler.
Things we learned on a 9 hour car trip with our two year old:
1. BBP isn't going back to sleep no matter what time we leave.
(we left at 4am so it would be dark and he would go back to sleep. Ha!)
2. Barnes says, "I Happy, I Happy" A lot when traveling to the beach
3. A donkey makes the EEE-AWWW sound!
(learned at 6:20 am somewhere in no where Mississippi!)
4. Don't place the Buzz Lightyear race track within the child's reach in the car or you will hear, "To Infinity and Beyond!" at least 900 times before 6:35 am
5. 11:03 am: BBP has his first YooHoo chocolate drink and loves it.
"Hoo Hoo," is all he can say for at least 20 miles.
6. At 5:48 pm Barnes has slept two hours since we left at 4 am but hes still in a perfect mood. We are trapped in the condo due to a heavy thunderstorm.
Mommy is getting nervous the mood won't last!
7. At 7 pm the storm finally lifts, we have eaten dinner and so we go out to the beach for our first REAL look at it. He LOVES it. Loves the sand, the ocean, the waves, the wind in his hair. He says, "I Happy, I Happy!" the whole time we are outside. What could be more perfect to a parent than hearing that from their child? I Happy too. :)
8. Barnes finally went to bed around 8:30. He was outstanding all day. With such a lack of sleep I would have never expected him to be so patient, happy and good natured all day.







glad BBP was a good traveler...definately makes the trip more enjoyable. i hope you guys have a great time!
ReplyDelete