CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Barnes is growing up!

Anna Kate is growing up!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Chugga Chugga Choo Choo!

We had such a fun day. One of those days where you don't really have a plan and just let the day take you where it will. We started out at the dermatologist but from there we just had fun and took it easy. We went to the Jackson Train Depot downtown and drank out of the artesian well. I remember mom stopping at the well many times when I was a child. It was always so fun to taste the different water than what we had at home. I vividly remember the taste of that water and today when I drank it, I felt 6 years old again.

Barnes got to operate the toy trains. These aren't just any toy trains... They are an elaborate enclosed glass case that you can get in the middle of the case and operate the different trains. They've built it to look like a replica of Jackson. There's a Colonial Bread factory (where Barnes and Anna Kate's great grandpa worked) and the bemis mill where the other half of the family worked. It was fun to see and for him to feel special and get to go in the middle with the guy that is in charge of the little museum.

Afterwards we went outside and walked through the train cars and they got to blow the whistle. We ate at Picasso Pizza for lunch and then came home for a late nap.

It was such a fun, low key day. The children were little angels today. I'm so blessed to be their mommy. ;)

I also feel so lucky to be sharing my childhood experiences with them. We love Jackson so much. It's a great town to raise a family in.

No comments:

Post a Comment