Gammie has only been gone for a few short hours but I MISS HER ALREADY! I'm so thankful that she came and stayed with us for the last two weeks. She helped us get on our feet with baby Anna Kate like only a Gammie can. She washed our clothes, cooked for us, and cleaned up. She held, changed, burped and loved on Anna Kate. She made lunches, gave baths, entertained, played hockey and read books to Barnes. She took care of me, took care of Brad, did grocery shopping, picked up medicine, and SOOOO much more.
I'm so blessed to have a mother like her. She is so selfless and loving and devoted to us. I hope I can be half as giving and helpful and loving to Barnes and Anna Kate in their lives as she has been to me in mine.
A few quotes about mothers
"All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother" ~Abraham Lincoln
"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother" ~Lin Yutang
"I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine- she helps me grow, prosper and reach great heights" ~Terri Guillemets
Thanks Gammie for loving us so much. I never doubt how much you care for us. It shows in everything you do. I love you, mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



So true! I hope you are doing great! Can't wait to hold Anna Kate again soon!
ReplyDelete