CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Barnes is growing up!

Anna Kate is growing up!

Friday, October 22, 2010

Oh the fun we have had!

As Ive mentioned in previous posts... THE GUILT. I have lots of it to go around these days. Irrational, unstoppable, unreasonable guilt. Now I'm not saying I believe that Barnes going to be loved any less after his sister arrives or that I'm ruining his life by having another baby. I know its completely irrational and hormonal so I do understand it. But that's as much as I can do about it. Understand it. Stop it? Nope.

My child has benefited greatly from said guilt. I have packed in just about every activity possible into the days and weeks leading up to the arrival our our newest family member. We have had SO much fun. Whether it was just the two of us at the park or playing in the driveway, a football game with daddy on a Friday night, watching our friends play hockey on the weekend, going to the pumpkin patch or just hanging at home in our PJ's watching Thomas the Train.

I am sure of one thing. Ive done the most with the time we had each day to make it special. Barnes is my little partner and sidekick. He hops in the truck and goes wherever mommy goes and we practice our counting and colors and talk about all the things we see on our adventures.

Here are a few pictures of the places we have gone and the fun we've had over the past few weeks/months.
Farm Outings
going down the tube slide
riding ponies with daddy
riding ponies at another farm we went to the next week with our friends

my sweet boys
Matt, Barnes and Gavin
playing with Georgie in the yard

Playing at the park
look at that sky! The weather has been gorgeous!

we had a picnic at the park

started out that morning at the train museum
Lunch at Red Robin with daddy and mommy
practicing his hockey skills
YES, he can skate!!

He looks like a pro! And hits like one too!

We bought skates, a puck, and sticks at Toys r Us after the hockey game

This last pic is where all of the hockey obsession started. Barnes' friend Ben and his brothers play hockey and Barnes has developed quite an interest in playing. He loves BEN and loves playing with him. Ben invited us over earlier this week and the literally played for two hours straight. Hockey, golf, jumping in piles of leaves, football, soccer and just running round falling down. What fun that little boy has had.
I know Barnes will be the best big brother Anna Kate could ever hope for. He is such a strong, sweet boy. He is rough and tumble so she better come out tough but he also has the biggest, sweetest heart and wants to please and love and snuggle. She was kicking in my belly tonight and he told me she was playing hockey. Hope she also is athletic! ;)
I thank God everynight for this life he has given me. What blessings I am given everyday. To have a partner like Brad. He is a wonderful father, husband and provider. Patient when mine has long run out and willing to get down in the floor and wrestle because I sure cant at this time! To have a son like Barnes. Strong, sweet, innocent and caring. He is all the best parts of Brad and me. Im so blessed that God chose me to be his mommy. Im thankful for this baby girl, who has been a pregnancy breeze compared with her brother. She has been easy going, let me eat most everything I want and given me joy in planning her room and wardrobe like only a little girl can. I would be remiss if I didnt also include my closest friends, Gail, Jennifer, Amanda, Lindsay and my dearest mother in this post. Each have supported me, help me decorate, fixed my family dinner, driven 2+ hours to celebrate my shower, organized my closets and washed my clothes, and loved me and listened to me during this time. I am thankful for all those people who bless my life. I continually wonder what in the world Ive ever done to deserve so many warm, giving, loving people in my life.
I thank the Lord for all of my many blessings, including those reading this.

1 comment:

  1. You seriously made me cry reading this post. I am so happy for you and excited to see what Anna Kate brings to your family. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow!

    I love and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete