Tonight, after he finished his work, he declared to me (without my ever asking) that the purple at the bottom of the tub was a horse and the orange to the right was a doggie.
This is the first time he's ever told me what any of his drawings were. I'm impressed! He has an eye for art. I'm pretty sure Summer 2010 will be his abstract phase judging by his current works.
Two year olds are so fun! Its always an adventure and they constantly surprise.

Barnes and his artwork!
And moving on to an unrelated topic~
I've been thinking all day how the last two years have been the best of my life and part of me feels immensely guilty (by having another baby) that I'm changing the dynamic that Barnes and I have. Each day is an adventure and we can go and do and are so independent at this point. I know having a new baby will change all of this to an extent and we will have to be on a strict feeding/sleeping schedule for the first time in a long time. The other part of me says that Brad and I are giving him such a gift of a sibling. A gift I never had and always longed for. I've been trying to make the most of every minute of this summer and enjoy all that Barnes is. Good things are to come, but I also know a chapter is coming to an end too and its a little heartbreaking.
I'm so blessed that God gave him to me 25 months ago. What a gift these months have been just the two of us everyday (and of course Daddy too when hes home!)
Thanks for reading and I'm sorry for the mushiness tonight. Must be the prego hormones. :)
Love to all!



I'm sure it is a little sad but just focus on the greatness that is growing in your belly. Barnes will LOVE having a sibling. She is going to be such a delight to your family. I can't wait to meet her! I miss you!
ReplyDeleteAww, you are too sweet. I can totally relate to the emotional hormones. I still just can't believe that I get to be Mary Lou's mommy. I feel so blessed and just cannot wait for what is to come! Barnes will be the best big brother!! Just think of how sweet it will be to see him kiss on and care for her. What a wonderful time in your life. . .expanding your family! I already want another one!! :) Love you!
ReplyDelete