CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Barnes is growing up!

Anna Kate is growing up!

Monday, July 28, 2014

Hummingbird haven

A few weeks ago, BBP came rubbing into the kitchen screaming that he found a baby bird that was hurt. By the time I could get outside to the yard, he had the bird scooped up in his little hands I was terrified thinking the mommy would abandon it of we touched it. Well, it ended up not being a baby bird. It was a full grown hummingbird. But it was bleeding out of it's little chest. BBP started gathering worms for it, while I found a box for it. Gammie was called in for back up. After all, she is the bird lady. She brought a nest for the bird to sleep in and cooked sugar water for him. She fed him thru a little dropper. I called several vets offices. We finally found one that would let us bring it by the next morning if he made it through the night. Bright and early I checked on the bird and he'd made it!! I took him to the vets office and we pray that he made it. Every time AK sees a hummingbird she says it's our bird that's come back to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment