CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Barnes is growing up!

Anna Kate is growing up!

Sunday, June 8, 2014

And now you are six...

2190 days. Give or take a day or two for leap year. That's how many days I've been a mommy. So many days. But they have flown by. This year was so special:

You gained a sibling
Started junior kindergarten
Played coach pitch baseball
Learned to read
And so many more firsts!

But it's the things you continue to do everyday that make you so exceptional.

You are so loving
So helpful
A protector
Genuinely interested in others
Kind
Gentle
Enthusiastic
Motivated

I'm so proud of the boy you are growing up to be. This year you have become really affected by those serving our country in the military and have asked lots of questions about fighting for our country and what freedom means. About 6 months ago you saw a commercial on tv about the Wounded Warrior Fund. You asked if you could send them money and it brought you to tears. I said sure and didn't really take you serious at first. But then you saw the commercial again a week or so later and came to me specifically to ask for help sending your own money to help. I said okay and you decided you wanted to send $20. We wrote a letter and mailed it. Months later you saw a story on the news about a child that got $$ for her birthday instead of presents. She asked for $$ to donate to cancer research. You were so excited and said you could do that for the wounded warriors. We talked about it and you were 100% you wanted to get $$ instead of gifts. We were just about to move so we haven't mailed the $$ yet but I'm so proud if your giving heart. You raised almost $300 for wounded warriors from your party. I hope and pray that God always touches your tender heart and that the good shines through in you. Happy Birthday to my BIG six year old. I'm the luckiest mommy. The last 2190 days have been the best ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment