What a busy few weeks we've had. Packing, packing and more packing. But today was the day and thankfully it was all ready to go! Our movers were supposed to come yesterday. But they had the truck break down in Nashville. Oddly enough, we had another company show up yesterday morning and think they were supposed to move us!! How funny. I never talked to the guy again once he gave me a quote. It's been a highly stressful day and we have crammed everything we own into one 18 wheeler and moved it 80 miles due west. Tomorrow it gets even crazier when it all gets dumped at the new house.
I've been fine all day and have been at peace with the fact that we are moving. Until all our wonderful neighbors started coming over to tell us goodbye. We had kids coming over hugging my sweet babies goodbye and moms and dads coming over for hugs and handshakes and well wishes. How blessed we are to have had such amazing people in our lives while living at our old house. The truck driver came over as they were about to leave and gestures upward toward the house and said, "I just don't understand, why would you leave such a beautiful home and neighborhood." I just about lost it crying. If he only knew how true a statement he'd made.... Leaving today is one of the hardest choices I've made in my adult life. Leaving everything behind and starting over is scary. But I know in my heart that God has a plan and this is part of it.
Goodbye, Jackson. You are forever in our hearts!
Thursday, May 15, 2014
Moving day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment