CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Barnes is growing up!

Anna Kate is growing up!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pray for our nation

That day was the first time I had ever known true fear and deep sadness in a way I cannot explain. I am just as sad and even more affected by it today as I was 12 years ago. We visited the George W. Bush library in Dallas this spring and I wept uncontrollably through the entire exhibit on 9/11. It brought back fresh emotions like it happened yesterday. I encourage everyone to visit the library. Whether republican/democrat or independent. It is a testament to the men and women who died on that day. Looking at the twisted beams from the trade center while we walked through the exhibit was chilling.

I am heartbroken at the day I have to explain 9/11 to my children. Barnes has such a tender heart and won't understand why they would want to hurt us. He just will not understand. I cannot understand and I am an adult.

Pray. Pray everyday. That our children and our children's children never experience the terror of that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment