I cant believe today (really yesterday, as I'm turning into my mother and up WAY too late) my baby turned TWO! We have been busy planning for the big birthday party this weekend. But tonight, we spent time together just as a family. BBP picked spaghetti for dinner (yay, Mommy and Daddy's fave too). The wait staff came out and sang to him after dinner and he loved being celebrated. He clapped while they sang and then clapped all the way home. Today, we spent time outside watching the big trucks and diggers next door where the neighbors are putting in a pool. He loved watching and yelled, "TRUCK, TRUCK" all day! Nana and Papa Bill left him a balloon on the mailbox this morning with M&M's inside and he thought he was the most special boy in the world! I love seeing things through his two year old eyes, instead of my 31 year old eyes. I miss all the small things he thinks are magical... bugs, bubbles, balloons and cake icing!
I made him a cake today and he told anyone who would listen about that cake. He told his Gammie when he talked to her on the phone and he told Daddy as soon as he got home. It was just a simple little homemade cake but to him its so special.
Spaghetti Face
Barnes enjoying the birthday song



No comments:
Post a Comment